One of the “Ribbon of Jewels,” Ann Morrison is an urban park located on the Boise River. The park property was purchased by Morrison-Knudsen Co. founder Harry W. Morrison in honor of his late wife, Ann Morrison, and built in 1959 by Morrison-Knudsen employees.
The 153-acre park features a distinctive spray fountain, gardens, Candy Cane Playground, tennis courts, lighted softball diamonds, soccer, cricket and football fields, and a picnic pavilion.
A pedestrian bridge over the Boise River links the park to downtown Boise. Downstream from the bridge, the park features riverside access that is popular with anglers.
Six tennis courts were completely renovated in 2015. Two existing courts were rebuilt and four smaller “10 and Under” youth courts were added. Donations to the youth courts included $5,000 from the Idaho Tennis Association. During the 2013 Davis Cup U.S. vs. Serbia quarterfinal in Boise, the U.S. Tennis Association pledged an additional $20,000 for the youth courts.
Ann Morrison Park is the home to hundreds of trees. To learn more about trees in the park on a leisurely stroll along the Greenbelt, please see the self-guided tree walk.
Smoking is prohibited except in a designated area in the southwest corner of the park near the duck pond. See a map of the designated smoking area.